2016年8月8日星期一

Review Questions for MRI

I was rattled by the numerous errors contained in the first version. While this version has supposedly been corrected, novices like me would do well to proceed cautiously. I suppose there is some value in looking up the answers from an independent and more reliable source but I doubt most people buying a review book would want to do so

That being said, the book is comprehensive. Divided into four parts covering Patient Care, Imaging Procedures, Data Acquisition and Processing and Physical Principles of Image formation it also includes a glossary and a single MRI Calculations page. The bulk of the book contains questions including some with adequate if not exceptionally clear photographic images.

On its face, this book appears to be helpful. but neophytes might not recognize the errors so I would use care before relying on this source alone.

Definitely one of the reasons I passed the registry test 1st time up. A simple book of questions with multiple choice answers. If you don't understand why the answer is that particular answer you should cross reference with MRI contrast agent in Practice, MIC Crosstrainer or IACI Online to fully understand as these are NOT the exact registry questions, but gives you a good idea of what to expect and what to study. Definitely don't make this your only study resource though as there's a ton of theory and physics on the test that you need to understand not just regurgitate multiple choice answers.

I have now purchased the ad version and the book itself but they both contain the same mistakes. I don't think that anyone proof read the book before it was published. Answers are misnumbered and just plain wrong answers are given. It's not very helpful when you are trying to study for the Small Animals MRI boards. I have now spent $100 for both and still are looking up the correct answers. Not a review book from these two authors I expected to get.

没有评论:

发表评论